A forward grip, or foregrip for short, is a grip on the front of a firearm that makes controlling recoil easier, and prevents burns from the barrel during firing. A vertical foregrip can also allow for easier horizontal movement of the firearm, as it creates a firmer grasping point than conventional hand guards.
Insurgency: Sandstorm Edit
|Operators||Security Forces Insurgent Forces|
|Supply points ?||?|
The foregrip returns in Insurgency: Sandstorm.
[Edit]Weapon Attachments of Insurgency: Sandstorm
|Optics||1x Holographic • 1x Kobra • 1x Red Dot • 1.5x PK-AS • 2x Holographic • 2x Red Dot • 4x C79 Scope • 4x M150 • 4x PU Scope • 7x Hunting Scope|
|Barrel||Flash Hider • Long Barrel • Compensator • Suppressor|
|Underbarrel||Foregrip • Bipod • M203 • AG36 • GP-25|
|Magazine||Extended Magazine • Drum Magazine • Stripper Clip|
The Foregrip is an attachment in Insurgency that can be fitted to most weapons. It decreases horizontal recoil values on the attached firearm when firing, but increases the spread values while aiming down the sights.
- Reduces horizontal recoil 30%
- Reduces vertical recoil 15%
- Reduces sway 20%
- Increases sway speed 20%
- (Shotgun) Slightly increases speed of pumping
Compared to the bipod and heavy barrel, the foregrip is an overall more versatile attachment. The heavy barrel and bipod together can be a cheaper alternative to the single foregrip, however; A better pick for support or sniper classes. The bipod is either free, or worth one supply point in this case, and the heavy barrel is always worth one supply point.
There is no method of having the bipod, foregrip, and heavy barrel on one gun, but the heavy barrel is compatible with either attachment. For builds focused entirely on accuracy, either pair of these attachments work well.
The pump-action shotguns receive a very noticeable boost to fire rate, allowing them to be far more useful. Being able to make follow-up shots sooner will allow you to shut down an enemy sooner, where the pump-action delay may otherwise leave you vulnerable.
- If the foregrip is selected for the AKM or AKS-74U or the AK-74, it will turn the front handguard into a handguard with a moulded foregrip.
- The combination of a heavy barrel along with the foregrip will greatly reduce overall sway and recoil, allowing for a very controllable weapon.
- There are now worldmodels for attached foregrips for Security weapons since Conquer update, there are still no worldmodels for Insurgent weapons.
- The foregrip model for Security weapons is or is based off of the Knight's Armament Company Vertical Grip.
- The Insurgents have three different foregrip models, while the Security forces have two.
[Edit]Weapon Attachments of Insurgency
|Optics||Holographic Sight • Kobra Sight • Red Dot • 2x Red Dot • C79 Scope · PO 4x24 • 7x Scope • Mk4 Scope|
|Barrel||Heavy Barrel • Suppressor|
|Underbarrel||Foregrip • Bipod • M203 • GP-25|
|Siderail||Flashlight • Laser Sight|
|Magazine||Drum Magazines • Extended Magazines • Speed Loader|
|Ammo|| Standard Ammo • Tracer Ammo • AP Ammo • HP Ammo|
Buckshot • Slugs