| || |
|Weapon class||Non-lethal grenade|
|Operators|| Security Forces
|Fuse time||1.8 s|
If equipped in explosive slot and Explosive 2 slot:
|Supply points ?||1|
|Weight points ?||12/640|
In Insurgency, the M84 Flashbang is a non-lethal stun grenade available to the Security forces and Insurgent forces. Its primary effect is to blind the enemy's vision and obstruct their hearing, making it highly suitable for breaching rooms or doorways. However, the effect of the flashbang diminishes the farther an enemy is to the center of the explosion, limiting its effectiveness as an all-purpose grenade.
- Flashing teammates, also known as "Team Flashing" is heavily frowned upon, doing so excessively, whether intentionally or accidentally, is likely to result in a kick and/or ban from the server.
- Ironically, the way the flashbang effect is implemented makes it more effective in brighter environments (e.g. outdoors).
- It is highly recommended that you use a microphone when flashing, your character only says 'Flash out!' after he throws it, you will want to alert your teammates BEFORE you use it.
- When you want to throw a flash, try to have a teammate cover you, the last thing you want is that flash blinding your other teammates that are behind you, they could get killed because of it.
- A high risk, but potentially game changing tactic is, when attacking or defending a point, quickly rush to the point, and start throwing flashes in the general direction of the enemy. This is particularly useful for virtually all maps (e.g. Sinjar A, Market A and B, Embassy A through C, etc.). If timed correctly, you will have flashed a significant portion of the enemy forces that were either on their way to the point or were somehow already in there, giving your team an opportunity for a 1st wave successful capture.
- When blinded and deafened by a flashbang, try to get out of position and run back the way you came. This skill improves with map knowledge. If you think that moving is a bad decision, fire in the direction from where the flashbang came.
- When you attempt to clear a room by throwing a single flashbang, it is common for people to go in rushing whilst attempting to neutralize any hostiles in the room. Keep in mind that although you may have flashed a hostile, his friend might not have caught the blast and is waiting for you to rush in and give him an easy kill. If you think one flash is not enough to be on the safe side, throw another, or bring a teammate that has one.
- Coordinated double flashing is extremely effective if used properly, in which one person throws a flash inside a room at angle A, almost immediately another person throws a flash inside that room at angle B, ensuring anyone who did not get flashed will get flashed. Keep in mind that this will render both persons vulnerable, as there is a loud clanking noise when cooking the M84. A hostile might find in his courage to get out of his camping spot and kill the would-be flashers.
[Edit]Explosives of Insurgency
|Security Forces||Insurgent Forces|
|Non-lethal||M84 Flash||M84 Flash|
|Fragmentation||M67 Frag||F1 Frag|
|Chemical||M18 Smoke • AN-M14||M18 Smoke • Molotov|
|Illumination||Flare Gun||Flare Gun|