The RPK, or Ruchnoy Pulemyot Kalashnikova (Russian: Ручной пулемёт Калашникова; English: Kalashnikov hand-held machine gun) is a 7.62×39mm Soviet/Russian light machine gun, developed in the late 1950s.
|Weapon class||Light machine gun|
|Max range ?||10000|
|Rate of fire||600|
|Reload time||2.83s loaded and deployed|
|Supply points ?||2|
|Weight points ?||320/640|
The RPK is a light machine gun available to the Insurgent faction. It features a 75-round drum magazine and a bipod by default. It is heavier than the AKM but fires the same round with similar recoil patterns. The RPK is the counterpart to the Security faction's M249, when compared side by side, the RPK features higher damage per bullet, a faster loaded and unloaded reload time, and less obstructive iron sights.
- The Bipod is a default under-barrel attachment that cannot be taken off.
- Suppressors are not available for the RPK in standard PvP play.
- The AKM and RPK have identical iron sights, presumably because the RPK's model was built off of the AKM's model.
- Due to the RPK being based off of the AKM, the front muzzle brake is slanted, giving it resemblance to a Romanian RPK model.
- Although the AKM and RPK fire the same round and have interchangable magazines in real life, picking up a AKM/RPK after spawning with the other will still grant the player only around one magazine's worth of ammo. This is most likely for balance purposes, since the AKM and RPK are the only two weapons in-game that have interchangeable magazines of differing capacities.
- The drum magazine is missing a windup key on the first person model and the worldmodel.
|Weapons of Insurgency|
|Security Forces||Insurgent Forces|
|Submachine guns||MP5K • UMP-45||MP40 • Sterling|
|Carbines||AC-556 • Mk18 • M4A1||M1 Carbine • SKS • AKS-74U|
|Assault rifles||M16A4 • Galil SAR||AKM • AK-74 • Galil|
|Battle rifles||L1A1 SLR • M14 EBR||FAL|
|Light machine guns||M249||RPK|
|Handguns||Makarov • M45A1 • M9||Makarov • Model 10 • M1911|